Assembly Bill No. 1920
Assembly Bill No. 1920, by Jared Huffman, expands the current net-metering programs for wind and solar, to allow the net-metered customers to sell any excess electricity they produce over the course of a year to their electric utility.
Since its introduction, the bill has undergone amendments stripping it of its provisions most beneficial to the distributed energy paradigm.
- Text of Bill
- Public Utilities Commission Memorandum Opposing Bill
- AB 1920: California bill goes beyond Net Metering SolarPower-Home.com
- AB 1920: California bill goes beyond Net Metering Gunther Portfolio
- Companies, Citizens and Governments Try to Break Down Barriers to Solar Energy BayCrossings.org
- AllianceForResponsibleEnergyPolicy.com Analysis that AB1920 has been gutted by the removal of the elimination of system size restrictions and reduction of feed-in-tariffs to meaningless levels.