Legislation Relating to Renewable Energy
AB1920 - Corporations, Energy
Expands the current net-metering programs for wind and solar, to allow the net-metered customers to sell any excess electricity they produce over the course of a year to their electric utility.
- SB411 - Accelerated Renewable Energy Standard
(Simitian and Perata)
Accelerates California Renewables Portfolio Standard (RPS) to require retail sellers of electricity to procure at least 23 percent of their retail sales from renewable power by 2020.
- AB811 - Contractual Assessments: energy efficiency improvements
Allows cities to establish voluntary energy efficiency and solar assessment districts for property owners.
- SB107 - Accelerated Renewable Energy Standard
(Joe Simitian and Don Perata)
fact sheet (PDF) by Union of Concerned Scientists; analysis
Accelerates California Renewables Portfolio Standard (RPS) to require retail sellers of electricity to procure at least 20 percent of their retail sales from renewable power by 2010 instead of 2017.
- AB32 - Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006
(Fabin Nunez and Fran Pavley)
- SB1 - Million Solar Roofs Bill
fact sheet (PDF) by Union of Concerned Scientists
endorsement list (PDF)
- AB1099 - Solar Tax Exemption
- AB515 - State Water Project: solar photovoltaic panels and systems (Keith Richman)
- SB816 - Net Metering
Raises net metering cap for San Diego from approximately 19MW to 50MW of aggregate customer peak demand.
- SB1478 - Changes to Renewable Portfolio Standards and Renewable Energy Program
Accelerates California Renewables Portfolio Standard to require to move the 20 percent target from 2020 to 2017
- AB2473 - New Solar Rights Act
Limits restrications placed on small solar installations, modifying the 1078 Solar Rights Act
- AB594 - San Francisco Solar
Calls for PG&E to credit San Francisco for energy produced by the city's solar installations.
- SB67 - Chapter 731 - Energy: Renewables Portfolio Standard Program
Allows the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) to require an electrical corporation to procure renewable energy in order to meet California's Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS),
- SB1078 - Chapter 516 - Renewable energy:
California Renewables Portfolio Standard Program
Establishes the California Renewables Portfolio Standard.
California Solar Legislation
Descriptions of California solar legislation passed from 2000 through 2007
- Governor Schwarzenegger Signs Bills to Encourage Alternative Fuels, Protect Environment by the Governor's Office Summaries of California legislation legislation