Renewable Energy Technologies
Prior to the industrial revolution, the energy economy
was largely decentralized and based on renewable sources.
Technologies of the 19th and 20th centries led to a huge increase
in energy usage,
and an almost complete reliance on fossil fuels
controlled by a few large corporations.
Now, emerging energy technologies
offer the potential of creating an energy future
and largely free of the
that characterize the petroleum era.
- Heating from sunlight
- Passive solar heating methods
- Active solar heating methods
- Electricity generation from sunlight
- Sunlight-to-electricity methods
- Sunlight-to-heat-to-electricity methods
- Electricity generation from wind
- Ground-mounted wind-to-electricitiy methods
- Lofted wind-to-electricity methods